Monday, April 23, 2012

Two Cures for the Mondays




 I know this went viral a couple of weeks ago, but I saw it late and I can't stop thinking about it. It's so beautiful, it moved me to tears. Thanks Cain, for building an arcade out of cardboard! Thanks Cain's Dad for letting Cain take over nearly your entire store with his cardboard arcade! Thanks documentary filmmaker guy for recognizing something beautiful and documenting it for us to see!

And also, I really love the Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me blog: Sandwich Monday, where they eat a different concoction, usually a fast food item, and critique it using witty banter. If you work and experience the "Mondays", this will most surely ease you into the work week. I think Eva always has the best lines. My favorite is the Wow Boa (can I try one please) entry when she says, "A bao is what a pop tart looks like when it's eaten too many pop tarts."

2 comments:

erin said...

Cain's Arcade brought a tear to my eye too! What an awesome kid!

Also, now I am very hungry for a bao. Delicious! And hilarious commentary.

Heather said...

Nichol!
Cains arcade is awesome! Tears over here too....thanks for sharing...