Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sumo Mobile





My very good, lovely, oooooooober-talented friends are going to be an Auntie and Uncie to a lucky little person soon. That little person is in for a treat and will likely have an interesting wardrobe due to their Auntie's special talent of finding treasures on goodwill racks (see this dress). They wanted a mobile for their nephew/niece. A sumo one! Well, initially, they wanted a Samurai mobile, but that seemed impossible, however the very round sumo wrestler is a martial artist that is easily translated into plush. They already sort of look like plush dolls as is. I had so much fun making them. They look a bit skinnier than I'd like, but I'll blame it on Michelle Obama's anti-obesity campaign? During my research I found this photograph: very cute.

7 comments:

mimi k said...

wow- that is the most awesome baby mobile ever! I love it!

erin said...

Nichol! This is so perfect! You are amazing!

Kuky said...

Love this so much!

All About Us. said...

ohhh my gosh, this is absolutely amazing!

Susan said...

This is so cute. What a fun idea.

Melissa said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

As someone who is currently pregnant with a half-japanese baby - I totally need something like that!

Thanks for sharing

Michele said...

This is so awesome! Michelle Obama would approve. ;)