Friday, January 7, 2011

Pillow Line





Ever since I made Walter's curtains, applique has been my new best friend. She's the kind of friend that keeps you company while your baby is playing with his truck. She's also the friend who innocently distracts you from special orders that need to be done with her charm and sparkling wit. I love it. Everything is so quick and satisfying. I've been using my ginormous pile of fabric scraps which makes me feel green and good about myself. Sadly, I've been known to let perfectly good scraps pile up into a big heaping mountain of colors and textures. Then, guiltily, in an effort to bring my studio back to a sense of calm, I purge them all into the bin.
Applique is very fun. And very addicting. Applique is my "Angry Birds". You can make scenes... and speech bubbles exclaiming things! My little people can be holding hot cups of felt soup---and you can tell it's hot because of the embroidered steam rising from the cup! I am excited to say the least. I've decided to take out my excitement in the form of a line of pillows. I am still figuring out the nitty-gritty. This pillow pictured above has an envelope for an insert (I learned how to do this by watching this video), which I thought would look professional, but I think I am just going to stuff the pillows myself rather than using an insert. I like a firm stuffing. I like my pillows like I like my burritos: Stuffed to the max. I look forward to sharing more with you!

4 comments:

kimberly said...

This pillow is so cute!

erin said...

I love this!!

Michele said...

That is so cute! I love your little pink cheeks tag on the back, too. Doubly cute!!

Ampersand Commodities said...

lovely work as normal!cant wait to see the 'steaming soup'