Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello June!

And "I'm sorry May!" I didn't sew much during May, sigh. When are they going to invent that pill that allows you to skip sleep altogether so that I can bring more Pink Cheeks into the world? On the note of bringing things into the world, I turned 29 a few days ago. I'm inching closer and closer to 30, but my wardrobe keeps inching closer and closer to my tween years. For some reason, I bought the most obnoxious pair of sneakers--they are fluorescent with hot pink laces and they make me want to skip everywhere. I enjoy them, I also enjoy that I live in a town where people respect fluorescent sneakers instead of just dismissing the sneaker-ee as some sort of color-blind-crazy-lady. Anyway, I need to make up a sort of list of goals, and I want to post it here so that I am accountable, at least in cyber-world. I want to make it good, so I need to let it percolate (spell check made me write it that way, but I sure would have thought it was spelled 'perculate') for a day or so. In the mean time, I want to post a great link to the Happiness Project----if you're in a slump or really want to work on your happiness, it's a really wonderful daily read.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday and Happy June. I am at least 1/4 of a century older than you and my husband still looks at my clothes sometimes and shakes his head. The only thing that keeps me out of tween styles is their sizes. Still it's fun to at least look at the fashions in the junior departments to see how I can add something zippy and zingy to my wardrobe with their colors in mind.

Keep on rockin' those styles you're only 29 once...do it while you still can!

stacysews said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I bet I would love the shoes too. Enjoy wearing them while you can, someday you'll have a daughter who will take over on them - like mine!

bozoette said...

Happy belated birthday! I love crazy sneakers and (like Susan) I am way older than you. I even wear mine to work sometimes.

ExcUsE mY frEnch said...

hi ! i've always been told that 30 is the best age for women : like the top of their beauty and feminity. it's true, and you're soon there : it's great you'll see !
by the way thanks for the link :)

Jamison Mattress said...

Pillowmonster blog brings me here.
I enjoy your cute creation.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Are you still creating? I check in every once in awhile to see your wonderful softies. what's new?

Michele said...

It's August! Where are you?

Nichol Brinkman said...

I'm here! I promise! I'll update soon.