Sunday, September 27, 2009

Surprise!


It's a boy! He's not here yet, and I am exploiting him, just slightly, while he is in the womb by using him as an excuse for my absence. But for these last few months, if I wasn't working (day job, that is) I was sleeping, and when I wasn't doing that, I was too busy eating. I had every intention of posting life goals, like I mentioned 4 months ago in my previous post, but for now I am just going to be satisfied that I am growing a person inside of me and leave well enough alone.

These last few weeks I have been feeling a little more energetic, however. I bought this book at Barnes and Noble last Sunday and I have been staring at the pictures in it ever since! I think Lotta Jansdotter and I are supposed to be best friends. Her family looks so adorable, my goodness. So from the book, I sewed my first ever project from a pattern (which I found both hard and exciting). I spent over an hour at the store trying to chose the fabric for it. I kept hoping that the little fellow inside of me would give my some kind of indication of his choice pattern via some excited kicks, but I think he was tired that day. But I hope he likes this snuggie! Joseph has already asked for a matching daddy one.

It feels good to be able to share my good news over the internets! I promise to blog again soon, I actually have a couple of projects going on to share with you. Take care!

Signing off,
Nichol and bump

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how wonderful. I am so happy for you. Keep us posted on everything. Love you, Susan

skunkboy said...

Eeeep! Congratulations, Nichol! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear more about your and your sweet bump over the coming months. <3

xoxo
Katie

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

BIG congrats, Nichol! Such a good news to start the day with! I'm glad all is going well! I think you did a great job on the fabric choice! :)

ninon said...

congratulations!! such a happy news! I am sure you'll be sewing a lot of nice things for your little boy!

Leeanna Butcher said...

HOORAY!!! Congrats on the Bump! :D So glad to hear both of you are doing well. Good to see you back sewing again. :D

bozoette said...

Oh Nichol! Congratulations to you and Joseph! I know that Bump will be a very lucky boy to have you both for parents. Many big hugs.

Sabe Lewellyn said...

That news just makes my day. It is hard to top that experience I am sure.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks