Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Rabbit for Charlotte's Friend



I made this rabbit man for a friend of the gentleman pictured above with the twig crown on his head.  Isn't he dreamy?  He reminds me of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, because he is how I imagined the main character to look.  Almost exactly.  Maybe Charlotte, his friend who ordered the rabbit, looks just like Hermoine (whose real name I forget and who played Sam (in the movie adaptation of the book), Charlie's very good friend).  I was very pleased with how the bunny turned out.  I had to stitch on extra fur to make it longer, can you see the seam?  The proportions before made him seem too young (in my designs, being young means you basically don't have a torso).  So, the extra seam made it look slightly different in just the right way for me.  It looks more like the bunny suit wearer stitched it up himself in his hidden tree fort.  It just adds a tiny bit of mystery.  It's so exciting to see the power of little details.

I am getting Summeritis down here in Louisiana.  This is my first full summer down here, and it has been going on (temperature-wise) since May.  It is still so hot.  The leaves aren't changing, and when they do they only turn turd-brown for a little while and then they fall.    The only real notable seasonal change is that Starbucks has started serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I ordered one to revel in the idea of fall, but then after my first sip I remembered I didn't like them.  So really this fake fall has burned a $4 hole in my pocket.  Curse you fake fall!  I guess I can make some applesauce, extra cinnamony, and that will feel like fall.  I must remember the glorious Louisiana winter that has a fall-like breeze with a spring-like warmth, inviting you to comfortably visit zoos in January. 

Also, thanks so much to Niki for commenting on my last post.  How have I not stumbled on your work before:  Go see everyone!  So beautiful and mysterious. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super adorable rabbit. Love everything you make!
- a fan in San Francisco

Nichol Brinkman said...

Thanks so much! That means a lot to me!

nikimade said...

so sweet of you to leave a link! I have long followed your blog....I am so excited for your success. Would you be interested in trading work?

Chantal Blows said...

Super adorable xx
Your blog is lovely!

Say Hi to me at http://channichic.blogspot.com/