Friday, January 11, 2013

It's a Bird! No! It's a Plane! No! It's an Adorable Family!










My latest custom mobile.  I say that with a smile on my face and angels singing in the background.  I am so happy with this one, that I feel like I am floating a little bit.  Sometimes these personalized mobiles are a struggle, but this one was smooth as butter.  Things just kept working out in a really nice way and I found myself laughing out loud more than once as I was making it.  Most of the laughs came about when I was hand-stitching tiny, evil eyebrows onto tiny, evil Lex Luthor swaddled in his blankie.

The wonderful woman who ordered this mobile bought it for her husband as a 10th anniversary present (happy anniversary!).  He is an air traffic controller (which I think is supposed to be one of the top most stressful jobs to have, but you wouldn't think so from his photos because he just seems so chill and friendly).  She, is a stay at home mom, but used to be a reporter.  He loves Super Man.  They have three kids.  The two girls are robbing banks.  Although, to be honest, if I was a bank teller I would gladly lead those cuties to the safe without even thinking about pressing the panic button.  And then the baby, who the mom describes as having the biggest cleft chin in the whole world, is of course evil Lex Luthor.  

This mobile was also fun for my husband who was my super hero knowledge go-to guy.  He loved the opportunity to nerd out with me and answer questions that would pop in my head while sewing.  How come Super Man didn't break tables when he would set down his coffee mug?  
 Was x-ray vision his normal, everyday vision or did he have to strain his eyes to see in that special way?  What if he blows his nose?  Wouldn't he accidentally blow entire cities over?

I had a tremendous amount of fun making this one.  I am a lucky girl sometimes. 


2 comments:

Jessica Richardson said...

You are absolutely amazing! My husband is going to be awestruck on our anniversary. (By the way, I've already told him he couldn't possibly top my gift to him). I love the whimsy, the artistry, the detail, the lovely color and playful mix of patterns. It's a delightful piece to celebrate our marriage on our tenth anniversary and I'm not sure I can wait until May to gift it to him. I'll put a cork in my gushing now. Thank you.

kanoklik said...

You are awesome !!
All you work is unique and adorable

I love it !!