Friday, May 18, 2012

Press Kit



Look!  I made a press kit!  I actually had so much fun making it that I didn't even recognize myself.  I am telling you, if Photoshop has you scratching your head (or banging it into a wall if you are more of an emotional person, like me), then Pages from iwork is for you.  It's fun!  Really fun!

You can see my full press kit here.

I learned a lot about how to make a press kit from the Design Sponge's post on it.  I also learned a lot from the book Craft, Inc, which is proving to be really useful to me.  I tried to stay true to myself and my work and not get to hung up on the how-to's.  Instead I got maybe too hung up on doing silly little photo collages, but that is okay.  As my own boss, I am being gentle to myself and hopefully the whimsy of this press kit will resonate with some great people.  We'll see. 

This press kit makes me feel like a business super woman.  It makes me feel like I could make a spread sheet!  Of what?!  I don't know, but I could make one, and it would look really professional.

Losing my car keys when I am over an hour away from home with my son does NOT make me feel professional.  Especially when my husband's car at home has a flat tire.  This happened to me a couple of days ago.  It was surprising because, and I am telling the 100% truth here, I have found at least 10 four leaf clovers this summer.  I just seem to spot them.  Four leaf clovers don't make you immune to bad luck, however.  In fact, maybe they make you a bit careless with your keys.  Walter and I had to stay the night in the town we lost the keys in to give hubs a day to sort the tire situation out.  I know I am over-sharing here, but the joke is too good to leave out----Joseph had to walk to a tire place and then carry the new tire home in one of Walter's old baby strollers (so resourceful!).  The clerk told him, as he put the tire in the seat, "That is the ugliest baby I have ever seen," and Joseph said, "I have three just like him at home." (cue drum and symbol).  Anyway, we all survived.  I tried to be cheery and take it as an opportunity to show Walter that you can be optimistic even through completely crappy situations.  Also, ice cream helps.

3 comments:

bozoette said...

Your press kit is wonderful! And while I'm sorry you lost your keys, your husband gets super points for his good nature and good humor. All's well that ended well!

suzana martin said...

A Media kits is like a resume for your company. In it is a collection of company information and articles put together to address questions from the media, investors, potential clients and others. The goal of the Media kits is the same as all other marketing that a company does. It should grab the reader's attention, make a lasting impression and create enough interest that they will contact you for more information.

nesithusm said...

best replica bags online luxury replica bags high quality replica handbags