Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pink Cheeks Pillow Line!








I finally finished two pillows for my Pink Cheeks pillow line. I am having so much fun. I work on them between special requests. I draw little sketches for them in the kind of moleskine that's meant for comic book planning, so there are a bunch of quiet little pillow squares waiting to be designed. It is a perfect medium for the time being. It's suited to motherhood and my latest need for immediacy with creative projects.

A little bit about the line:

Each pillow is appliqued on 100% cotton denim, so they are strong, sturdy, soft and natural (how I like my men couldn't resist). They are stuffed with non-allergenic premium polyfill. I use machine stitching, hand stitching and embroidery to put things in place as well as this material called Wonder Under (sounds like a Captain Underpants sidekick) to keep edges from fraying. I make up what I do as I do it, so each pillow is a unique work of art waiting to fancy up your couch or send your child into dream land. On the back of each pillow is my logo, hand drawn with fabric markers.

I hope you enjoy them!

5 comments:

Ampersand Commodities said...

very lovely, well done
xx

sinkingonbrink said...

love these, soooo cute!

freaked out 'n small said...

Oh they are so wonderfully adorable! I wouldn't mind one of those! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm enjoying your new works! take care!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi nicole!
oh my gosh!
they are beyond fabulous!
would you like to make a pug pillow someday?
emmitt & i would love to commission one when you are ready.
xoxoxo
m & e