Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sasha, Wally, Flannery


This is Sasha. Sasha was raised by penguins in Antarctica. She finds the penguins to be quite friendly. She also believes they are persistent and nurturing parents. In Antarctica, Sasha doesn't see many colors, but she sees about a million versions of white and on a rare occasion a rainbow created by the sun. She loves the snow and how it looks different throughout the day. She draws in the snow using an icicle as a pencil. She loves incorporating snow angels into her drawings. The penguins are in awe of her talent.


Wally loves going really fast on his red scooter and feeling the wind on his face. Sometimes he ties a towel around his neck and puts a colander on his head and pretends that he is on a very important mission. He has to accomplish these missions in a very fast manner, before it's too late! He doesn't know exactly what his important missions are, but he knows he is a good guy and that he is helping other good guys who are not so fortunate to be as fast as he can be! One time, while on his scooter, a fly flew straight into his cheek, but that did not deter him from his very important mission. He has a friend, George, who is good at art and is going to draw a lightning bolt on his scooter for him.


Flannery likes unicorns. Her Aunt Bessy, who is very encouraging, signed her up for horse-back riding lessons. Flannery was grateful, but confused because horses are not unicorns. They can not fly and they don't have horns. Flannery made some cone shapes out of papier mache and glued glitter all over them. Then, she tried to attach the horn to her horse, Buttercup, but it fell to the ground, and Buttercup took this as an opportunity to have a snack. Flannery felt horribly about this. She worried that Buttercup would develop a stomach ache due to all the glitter. From then on, Flannery didn't wish Buttercup to be anything but a regular horse. She would bring two apples to her lessons each day, and she would always give the shinier apple to Buttercup.


I am sewing like a crazy person. I am just going to finish 4 more for the Bloomington Handmade Market and then I am going to call it quits. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. We've also been eating a lot of spaghetti because it's easy and I am looking forward to getting back to more adventurous cuisines. I bought this book the other day because I love this blog. I really love how Molly writes. I don't know how I stumbled on her blog, but I never read a food blog before hers, and now I follow many. I am not a good cook, but I am getting better. I am notoriously resourceful, "We don't have any chili powder. That's okay! I'll use Cumin, they both start with 'C'." I also once used onions that looked extra green to me instead of actually using green onions. Thanks for stopping by, back to sewing I go.

No comments: