Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mustache Totem Pole


I've been really enjoying Matryoshka painting these days. It's a little less labor-intensive than sewing and I get instant gratification when I paint whereas with sewing, even though the build up and suspense too have their benefits, my heart doesn't get happy butterflies in it until I turn the softie form right-side out. I also can't seem to let go of my little mustache men. Maybe it's because I am pregnant and slightly grumpy, and (not so slightly) lazy and I imagine these charming little men with well-groomed mustaches as being my own little chivalrous army. They can march around my house being extra polite. They can slice me up apples and scoop me out organic peanut butter to dip the slices in. I'll have to make sure to paint some with scarves on so that they can run outdoor errands (the kind that involve picking me up pumpkin spice lattes).

I am going to have to start sewing soon, however. It's been awhile. I am trying to build up a stock-o-handmade items for the Bloomington Handmade Market happening next month.

I hope the sun is shining where you are like it is over here! If not though, pumpkin spice lattes are instant coudy-day-blues-busters.

3 comments:

bozoette said...

Oh yes! Pumpkin spice lattes are magic!

Susan said...

It's cloudy here, but potato soup and apple pie spice in my coffee are also good solutions. I love your painted goodies, but be careful about inhaling fumes, due to your delicate condition. Take care and have a great weekend. Susan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.