Saturday, January 31, 2009

Special Request for a cute little curly headed boy...

I was asked by a super nice auntie to make a plush version of her nephew in the style of this duo.  I think her nephew looks adorable, I love his curly locks.  I also love that orange chair.



I haven't made his little friend yet, but I am really happy with how the plushized nephew looks. I also like that he likes his green, washcloth dog with bizarre eyes so much.  There are really wonderful cartoon characters out there.  It makes me sad though, when kids prefer to play with only Whinnie the Pooh or Elmo dolls.  I feel more encouraged when kids like random dolls who don't come with a pre-existent personality, which is not to say that Whinnie the Pooh isn't a nice fellow, I'd have tea with him any day of the week.  I just like it when kids have to be more inventive with their play-things.  But anyway, the plushized nephew has some good squish to him and the dog part is made out of fleece, so hopefully the real nephew will give me a thumbs-up for texture!  I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! His headwear reminds me of Polkaroo! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polka_Dot_Door)

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Ok, that is almost too cute to be allowed! I love watching your work evolve. You ahve to get all better because the world needs your creativity.

Oh and I tagged you in my blog about reading. Only do it if it sounds like fun. No worries.

bozoette said...

I love the wee doggies on his shirt!

Alicia P. said...

Gosh, that's amazing!

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 200 pounds on every page. But finally I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?