Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Welcome to Pink Cheeks!

So here it is, my new identity.  Well, sort of.  I am still Nichol, but my studio is now called Pink Cheeks.  Fare thee well, Pillow Monsters and Viva La "Pink Cheeks".  I don't even want to get into the process of choosing a new name----it was very head-ache inducing.  I like "Pink Cheeks" though.  I think it has just the right mix of whimsy, quirky and nostalgia that I am going for.  With the Pink Cheeks I am going to focus on more one-of-a-kinds, and get back to the story writing which I love so much.  Without much further ado, here is Frederick: 





Frederick has an absurd obsession with time.  He will never be late for any date, and it makes him feel especially pleased if he is at least an hour ahead of time.  He doesn't like to rush because he likes for his heart to beat regularly---one beat per second, like clock work.  He keeps it that way by staying calm and always being prepared.  He has a koo-koo clock in his kitchen and he has rigged it so the birds koo-koo every 15 minutes, just to be safe, he also has a pet parakeet, Pete, whose cage he set by the koo-koo clock, so that if the koo-koo clock were to run out of batteries, Pete could keep him in check.  Frederick enjoys his quiet, orderly life.  The only thing he enjoys more is his neighbor, Polly, who sometimes drops by to give Frederick some home-made cookies.  Those are the rare times when his heart beats slightly faster than one beat per second.  

Frederick will be the very first item in my new shop

10 comments:

bozoette said...

I love his shoes!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi nichol!
oh! i just love the name! it sweet and sophisticated at the same time! it is perfect!i am so excited! i have favorited your shop, changed you on my blog roll and subscribed to your new blog!
yay! this is so fun! your etsy shop banner rocks!
can we still make a black pug doll whenever you have time?
xo
melissa

Erin said...

Hi Nichol! Nice new name and blog! Congrats! See you tomorrow!

stacysews said...

I love his shoes! BTW, the new name is great.

Neza said...

Hi!
Your new studio name sounds so cheerful and happy. I like it.
And I also like Frederick's pockets :)
Neža

Eva said...

how cool! i love frederick! and congrats on the new shop & blog!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Congrats on your new shop! :) *runs off to heart it*

Leeanna Butcher said...

fantastic frederic! gotta go and update my bookmraks on the new you- love the new name btw!! :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new name, new shop and new-old focus! LOVE IT!

ninon said...

hi nichol! the name is really great, I really like the sound and the image it brings along :)
i wish you supergoodluck with this new blog and everything, i'll update the bookmarks, too
take care,
tania