Sunday, October 12, 2008

Soooo Lovely

I had a very nice Sunday----warm, started with Huevos Rancheros, and involved listening to the Talking Heads with the windows down in the car.  Joseph and I went into a book store while we were waiting for the free book store (library) to open and I found the most amazing book.  It's by Chris Sickles and the illustrations are photographs of these elaborate set-ups he designs that involve found-objects, puppetry and paintings and all sorts of other whatnot.  I loved it so much, I looked at it for a very long time----how I felt when I was looking at it reminded me of how I felt when I watched Triplets of Bellville for the first time on the big screen, it's hard to describe the feeling, but it's a hodge-podge of happy, excited, nostalgic and slightly artistically frustrated because I want to make great things too.    Anyway, then I looked him up online and discovered that he has a blog (!) AND he lives in Indianapolis (I live in a town just an hour south from there).  See, there IS more than corn in Indiana!  

5 comments:

Puglette said...

We love the Talking Heads in the car. We usually blast the Greatest Hits cd's on our road trips. Great travel music.
Hugs,
Puglette
:o)

Erin said...

Wow- I looked at his artwork too- Amazing! I love it! I feel like making my own tiny 3D glasses now!

suze said...

Hey! You changed your name. At first I thought someone was copying you...but it's you. i like the new name Pink Cheeks it's very fitting.
suze:)

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

What a great artist he is, Nicole!
Oh and I LOVED the triplets of Belleville. We actually drove through Belleville on our holiday! :)

maria madeira | antónio rodrigues said...

I like your new blog and the name...and of course Talking Heads!

:))