Monday, September 12, 2011

Elephant Boys






Here are the Elephant boys, ready for some romping around and running away from mice. They are made from lovely, soft blue corduroy. I want to make some more out of different corduroy colors, but I only buy one color at a time with my 40% off coupon (from JoAnn Fabrics). I am frugal. Elephants are a favorite spot at the zoo for me, but I think the rhinos may have them beat. We were able to see one very close up at our latest visit. Their skin so strange---it really looks like armor.
My next batch I will be working on will be owl girls. I am making them out of wool suiting fabric.

2 comments:

unsightly said...

These are so awesome! I may have to think up an excuse to buy myself a Christmas present this year...

Susan said...

Your creations always make me smile. Speaking of rhinos, after seeing them up close and personal at the Wild Animal Park, I find they are also quite loud...in the gas department...and very unembarrassed.