Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bunny Sisters


My inner-girl has exploded into tiny bits! Bits in the form of cute, little, bunny girls all ready to plant some seedlings in the veggie garden while adorning their bunny attire. It's been awhile since I have made something very girly, but it was time. Maybe because spring is in the air and the daffodils are blooming. It makes me quite giddy. Skirt weather. Time to do some twirling! Time to listen to bluegrass outside. Though I think this warm weather is coming to a slippery, sleety halt tomorrow. Oh well, the bunny girls made it out in time. Actually, I made them specifically for the crowd at the Bloomington Handmade Market which happens on April 2nd (yikes!). I am excited about the participants this year. Well, I am every year, but this year, in addition to my standby favorite: Elms and Cedars (she makes the most adorable upcycled baby hats), Abby Christine will also be there. She makes finger puppets in the form of all of my favorite pop-culture icons. I mean, if you are feeling insecure about yourself, wouldn't it be great to grab your Liz Lemon finger puppet and share a bowl of cheetohs together? You can check out all the vendors here. Or if you live nearby, please come! Especially if you have never visited Bloomington. It is a special, happy place with tall trees and very good coffee. Walter will even be there, though he and Joseph will probably be spending most of their time nearby at the Wonder Lab (just a block away from the market) playing in the bubble room (no, it is not as cool as Willy Wonka's bubble room, but it is still very fun). The days of plopping the kid in a high chair with some toys at a craft fair are over. He is a rowdy boy. R.O.W.D.Y.


Also, below you will see the three dolls whose patterns are going to be released in a group doll artist book. The book comes out next May!


Lastly, I leave you with a sneak peek into the chaos that is my living room:

2 comments:

erin said...

We are going out town the day of the handmade market so we are sad to miss you! I bet your bunny girls will sell out quick!

Leeanna Butcher said...

LOVE the bunny sisters- and congrats on the book! :D