Friday, October 17, 2008

A Giant Head




I need to post this non-plush giant head because I am spending a lot of time on it.  This guy is for my brother who told me his Halloween costume idea months ago and has big plans of winning contests at all the bar parties.  I made the base out of cardboard, newspaper and lots of masking tape and right now I am in the process of paper mache-ing the "paper bag" layer onto the head and tomorrow I will paint it.  At the moment the head actually looks like a caricature of Billy (brother) which was not intentional.  After he is painted he will hopefully look like Derrek Lee, who plays for the Chicago Cubs (sigh--I know, I know---actually I don't know the details, but I think they lost something important and that they usually lose important things), or maybe he doesn't anymore but he used to, or maybe he still does?  Sorry I am useless, I do know however that Leanne won Project Runway this season (Woo!).   Anyway, so Billy has a Derrek Lee jersey, and he is going to wear it and then he'll wear the Derrek Lee head (he'll be able to see out of the mouth) and he will be a Derrek Lee bobble head!  He is in charge of the bobble mechanics---he's pretty resourceful so I am sure it will bobble well.  I think it is a pretty great costume idea, now I just need to figure out mine!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

That is hilarious! I want to be a bobble head for Halloween!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh nichol!
that head is wonderful and hysterical! i cannot wait to see it all done and on your brother.
you are so creative! i would not even know where to start to make such a cool project.
xo
melissa

Anonymous said...

Nichol,

You're invited to Mary's ("Confessions of a Craft Addict") surprise birthday party! The online party starts at 5 pm, Sunday, Oct. 19. Whether or not you can attend, please drop by and leave Mary a birthday greeting.

http://groups.google.com/group/FatQuarterParty

You can also e-mail a message to the online party room:
FatQuarterParty@googlegroups.com

Thanks.

Matt (Mary's husband)

JUNKER JANE said...

Awesome paper mache! :D

thatey said...

a fantastic read click here for info Source websites official site visit homepage

Anonymous said...

supreme hoodie
kyrie 7
off-white
supreme
Golden Goose
hermes handbags
golden goose
bape outlet
bapesta shoes
nike sb dunk low